Thursday, September 1, 2011

Seeking out beauty

My friend Jaymin inspires me to make lists of my favorite things.

Here are the five things that are my most favorite today.

The delicious table in the middle of my room.
It's inviting, it's sweet, it's in the middle of the dorm room. Tootsie pops, candy necklaces, mocha brownies, gumballs, you name it. A great way to invite people in.


My bed and the wall of pictures surrounding it.
Eleven pictures of Mara, a wonderfully comfortable bed with lots of blankets and pillows, and all up in the air. Life is beautiful.

My current knitting project.
Knit 3, purl 2. Beautiful purple yarn. This is love.

The Seagull Dress.
Twenty-five cents at a garage sale. Best dress I've ever owned. 

Free cans of peas.
Delicious peas from Nicole's mom. Not mad. I love me some canned peas.


All this says simply that life is good. Today was wonderful.
What are your favorite things today?

1 comment:

  1. Aw, I love this!

    MY favorite things for today:
    1. This blog post (& your whole blog. Catching up on it tonight is making me smile)
    2. Doing dishes while listening to some good tunes (it's nice to know I am contributing to the general betterment and ease of my family's life)
    3. The following quote: "Envision the person you want to be, the person you believe you are called to be, and start being that person." - Dr. Timothy Dalrymple, "An Open Letter to a College Freshmen"
    4. And YOU!

    ReplyDelete