Saturday, June 9, 2012

Spinach Chips

I'm back!

It's been nice to have a kitchen during the summer. I feel like I've been cooking a lot.

Today I made something that I didn't find on Pinterest.

In case you're wondering, I've made Nutella banana ice creamno-bake energy bitesbanana oatmeal smoothies, and deep dark chocolate cookies. And yes, those were all on Pinterest.

So today was turning over new leaf... literally. I made spinach chips!

I like to snack, so it's always good if I have something good for me to snack on.

Here you go, friends!

Spinach Chips 


(Note: this recipe is easily modified to fit quanitity)
1 cup spinach or dark greens
1 tsp of olive oil
Pinch of basil
Pinch of garlic salt

Take enough spinach or dark greens to fill a cookie sheet and spread them out.



Brush a light amount of olive oil onto the the leaves. I used about a teaspoon.



Sprink on some basil leaves and garlic salt. It won't take much to get the flavor.


Mix leaves to spread the flavors around and then spread them back out.


Cook for 8 to 10 minutes at 350 degrees.


Leaves should be crisp when they come out of the oven. If they are soggy, you may have used a little too much olive oil.


Keep in a bowl to snack on and enjoy. Simple, delicious snack that gets you your greens!



No comments:

Post a Comment