Friday, August 26, 2011

The Girl Life.

Tonight was good. I spent much of my time dancing, eating, and enjoying pictures with the fellow RAs. In the midst of all this goodness, I was talking with a friend on the dinner cruise about why I love being a girl but also hate being one. Here is the rant.

Why I LOVE being a girl.


When people walk into a room, no one asks for "four strong ladies" to move a couch. Ever.
I also appreciate that I can cry and people respond. Boys came to my rescue when I put a slice into my finger at work back in Ohio. Why? Because I looked sad. And it hurt.
I can go to social events alone and not look awkward.
I never have to go solo to a bathroom. Traveling in packs in encouraged.
I can always change "Can I use the restroom?" to "No, I NEED to go to restroom NOW." Works like a charm.
Baking and sewing are traditionally seen as something I should do. And I love them both.



Why being a girl is STUPID.


Girls are expected to own make up. I don't.
Girls freak out about their hair and clothing and matching.
Girls are high maintenance and therefore cost more. I am trying to get rid of things like nobody's business.
Jewelry does not impress me, but it does impress most girls.
Girls don't have good handshakes 80% of the time.
It's not safe to hitchhike.
It's not nice for girls to punch boys. I do it a lot anyways.


So you see, being a girl is tough. But, honestly, I'd be a girl any day of the week over being a guy. Twice on Sundays.

No comments:

Post a Comment