Saturday, October 1, 2011

Have I ever told you how much I love her?


This is my niece. Her name is Mara, and I really do believe that she's the prettiest niece in the whole world. I spent the summer with her and won't see her again until Thanksgiving, which aches my heart.
Isn't she the cutest thing you've ever seen? I can't get enough of her.

So in my adventures in knitting this week, I had a revelation: socks!

But not just any socks... that's complicated.
BABY socks! For my niece.
Except, when I knitted them... they were really small. And my niece is getting really big. 
So this means I just need MORE nieces and nephews!

Super easy instructions for all you knitters out there...

Knitted Baby Booties
Needles: Size 6 and 8 straight needles
With larger needles, CO 33 st. K 12 rows.
Begin decreases for instep:
Row 1: K 13, K2tog, K3, SSK, K across.
Row 2: P 12, P2tbl, P3, P2tog, P across.
Continue decrease pattern until 21 st remain.
Change to smaller needles. Work in K1, P1 rib for 12. Bind off loosely in rib. Sew back and bottom seams. Weave in ends.
(This website that I got the instructions from is wonderful, by the way!)

So voila! Baby booties. Plus, in the process of borrowing the smaller knitting needles, I got a piece of pumpkin made by my talented friend Hannah. It's a good life.

Happy knitting, friends!


2 comments:

  1. SWEET! I still need to learn to knit, but I'm excited about your mad sock-making skills. I want to be able to make socks! And mittens! I LOVE mittens!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Thank you. I needed a reminder that I am loved. And I could really use a drive to Freeport too. So much.
    Love you.

    ReplyDelete