Saturday, October 29, 2011

That one day when it snowed in October.

A lot to share today.
First, you should know, that I love ice cream... but I shouldn't eat due to a lactose intolerance.

So I experienced a blessing from an unexpected source: PETA. My roommate found an idea on their website to freeze bananas and puree them! So we slid two bananas into the freezer and got them out that night.


We mashed up the two frozen bananas into a savory goodness and mixed in a spoonful of peanut butter and a spoonful of nutella.


Delicious!

Now, for the new and interesting part of this week: it snowed!

Today was brilliant day to be inside. I woke up this morning at 10:45 after a late night of Star Wars and cuddling with my roommate to find that it was snowing outside. In OCTOBER!

So, of course, we ventured out for lunch and then spent the afternoon doing homework and visiting with a few friends that came over from across campus.


Later, I got a knock on my door from a fellow RA with an invitation to go play in the snow.
Indeed, I was gonna take him up on that. So about 10 of us ventured out into the snow around Eagle Hall.


Chris and Hannah even made it out with us! 



It was a good night filled with snow ball throwing, snow man building, and Eagle hall bonding. There was even a Chris Kuhl snow man. Well done, Christian.


The power has gone off and is at risk to go off again. Party.

I think this is one of those days that I will look back and think about that one day when it snowed in October. Who knew I could love having snow too early in the season? Today was a great day.

2 comments:

  1. Glad you found an ice cream without the cream. Sounds awesome, and even better is the idea of playing in the snow with good friends. I am actually looking forward to snow here. We might get some by the end of the week. I suprised myself by really hoping it happens. Love you, my friend. Hooray for great new memories!

    ReplyDelete