Saturday, December 10, 2011

Things I love and finals week projects.



There really aren't too many things that I have loved a lot about Christmas in the past few years. In fact, I've been called a Grinch multiple times in the days preceeding this season because I say things like, "I just don't really like Christmas that much."

True, I don't particularly. But it's growing on me this year. I used to groan at my mom playing non-stop Christmas music, but now I'm the one pulling it up on Pandora since I only have Spanish Christmas music on my itunes. I like the Christmas music this year. It's familiar. It reminds me that I go back to Ohio in less than one week.

And decorating? We did it for my hall. It was AWESOME.









I also really love my family, even though we don't always get along. I think I've been trying to deny how much I like being around family since I got to college. But it's not true. I enjoy them. Flaws and all.
I asked my Dad's side to get a family picture during Thanksgiving. For the first time in God knows how long.
Look at that bunch.



However, Christmas is two weeks away. First things first: finals week.

I got a jackpot finals week. Three on Monday. None on Friday. And one of the Monday finals involves me eating a meal. I'm in.

So, I have a couple of goals this week.

1. The maps of where I have lived and loved.


Perfect. I'm painting mine all on one canvas, and I'm going to have Pennsylvania, Ohio, and Illinois. With little hearts in the cities.

2. Learning to hem pants.


I have a coworker who needs pants hemmed. I'm the coined seamstress in the building, so I'm on the job. This is my first hemming job. We'll see how this goes...

3. Those hand warmer things.


Rice filled. How precious are these? I want to make some.


Enjoy this Christmas Season. Keep waiting joyfully for the Messiah. Remember that you are loved.


1 comment:

  1. You should be getting mail from me before you leave for Ohio. <3 Love you

    ReplyDelete