Thursday, December 15, 2011

Easy Pants Hemming Tutorial & Project Update

I told you this was an amateur blog.
But for those of you who have never hemmed pants... it's simple!

1. Turn pants inside out. Roll up a cuff to desired length.

2. Pin the outer edge of the pants.


3. Line up the footer with the top part of the section being hemmed. Sew a straight stitch all the way around, keeping the left side of the footer aligned with the edge of the hem.




 4. Turn pants right side out. Voila! Hemmed pants!





In other updates.... Here are some other projects I got myself into this week.


The States Project: All the states I have lived in with a heart marking the cities. Done on a canvas with 5 colors of paint. Simple and a good decoration.

The Conversion Project: I turned an old textbook into a journal. The book was only $4 and had an amazing cover. So I sewed some papers together and bound the whole thing with Mod Podge and clear packing tape.





No comments:

Post a Comment