Thursday, December 29, 2011

Bucket List 2012.

Funny how a year goes by and everything changes. You never fully expect the finished product from day 1 to day 365. Sometimes you feel the changes, sometimes you don't. But in the end, you are not where you began.

So last year I prepared a bucket list. 50 things that I wanted to complete in 2011. Did I complete them all? Nah. I didn't. But did I have fun creating and accomplishing parts of it? Yeah. I sure did. And I overcame my fear of touching worms, 19 years into life.


I also made a dress...


And borrowed a whole dinnerware set from the cafeteria!


Not to mention that one day when I went crazy and cut a lot of my hair.


It was a fun bucket list.
But this year, I made it a bit more practical... although there are some fun things on here. :)

2012 Bucket List!


Physical

1. Really load up on fruits and veggies.
--How: Follow Emma Hooley's lead; Pick a day each week to go without grains and meat

2. Run 10 consecutive miles.
--How: Accountability with friends; Sign up for Broad Street 10-Miler

3. Hundred Push-up Challenge.
--How: LEANA PHILLIPS.

4. Floss way, way more often. (Really Amy? You're almost 20.)
--How: Post-it note reminders; Limiting permission to get into my bed without flossing first.

5. Quit biting my nails.
--How: Give people permission to call me out on it.


Spiritual

1. Find a Bible Reading Plan I can follow.
--How: http://www.arcamax.com/ttb-yr-print.html


Financial:

1. Pay off the interest on my school loans.
--How: Set aside 40% of the money for every time that I get paid.


Mental

1. Set up a night-time routine at school.
--How: Tea, teeth brushing and floss, journaling, reading a chapter, no computer 30 minutes before bed; write this down.

2. Take once-a-week walk or bike ride by myself.
--How: Just do it!

3. Read the following books:
The Kingdom of God is a Party: Tony Campolo
The Politics of Jesus: John Howard Yoder
Prodigal God: Tim Keller
(finish) Gifted to Lead: Nancy Beach
(finish) Girl Meets God: Lauren Winner
(reread) To Kill a Mockingbird
--How: Make Reading a chapter part of the nightly routine.

4. Be sure to get one weekend off campus just for mental health.
--How: We'll see.


For fun

1. Make a blanket.
--How: Learn to crotchet a Granny square; Get help from girls on my hall who are professional granny square makers.

2. See the Pacific Ocean.
--How: Not sure yet. But I'm sure Emma Hooley would go with me.

3. Sew a dress (again).
--How: Get a pattern and learn to use it, dang it.

4. Write a quick note of encouragement every day for someone around me.
--How: Make it part of the morning routine!

5. Stick myself to a Velco Wall.
--How: Locate nearest velco wall; stick self to said wall.

6. Have a pie eating contest.
--How: Locate group of boys and Leana and eat pies.

7. Do a Mud Run.
--How: Find locations near Philly or wherever I will be during the summer. Sign up.

8. Go dumster diving.
--How: I go to Eastern. Let's be real here. I can certainly find someone to take me.

9. Plant a tree.
--How: Find tree. Plant in summertime.

10. Participate in Send Me Something.
--How: Yeaaaahh.

11. Use a whole pack of "I wish this was" stickers.
--How: http://candychang.com/i-wish-this-was/


Here's to another year of accomplishments. Let's see where I end up at this time next year. :)

1 comment:

  1. Totally just got an envelope set up for Send Me Something. Putting that in the mail on Monday. I am excited. :)

    ReplyDelete